Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS CSS-Tricks Design (v9)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 105 total)
  • Author
    Brightonmike

It is pretty fubar in IE, but OK in 9.

Personally, I think we should all adopt a new tactic and display all our websites as plain text documents to those using old browsers. Remove the styling altogether. They don’t deserve it.

scofield

@sl1dr Yes, I can. I don’t like the main image(#logo), I thing its looks not very good.
    And the navigation menu is looks like it’s make the 12 years old guy. :)
    Do not be offended, I just explain why this new design worse from the previously.

Brightonmike

@scofield How does the navigation look like it was designed by a “12 years old guy”?

Because it uses more than one colour?

Manuite

Macosx 10.7 Safari5.1 7534.48.3 mouse plugged in:
    http://cl.ly/3D46160N0Y1R3V180k1T
    auto-fill not working on login widow

great work overall :-)

@scofield I’m not offended at all, I was merely prompting you to be less lazy with your feedback. Simply saying ‘I don’t like it’ is in no way helpful, do you agree?

jamygolden

@sl1dr haha.

Care to be constructive with that criticism?

That reminds me of Flight of the Conchords:

Other rappers dis me
    Say my rhymes are sissy.
    Why? Why? Why?
    What?
    Why exactly?
    What? Why?
    Be more constructive with your feedback, please. Why?
    Why?

JiveTurkey

Awesome… The color scheme is nice too

@jamy_za Ha! Love that show, thanks for making me laugh.

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

@paul_irish done and done. I think I might combine modernizr and respond into moderizrespond or respondernizer. Just to save an HTTP request. I heard that’s important.

chanman

I love the new design, keeps people interested in it instead of looking at the same thing all the time.

Johnnyb

Think it looks pretty nice! The only thing I dislike is the amount of white space on the home page, feels like there’s too much between posts. But the rest of the site looks tight!

noahgelman
    Participant

@Chris Coyier, I’ve never done a site with em’s either. Never bothered to learn them. I hated when they multiplied inside elements of each other.

That said, the design is awesome.

There was a reason the “Post Comment” button in the forum couldn’t be styled right? I think there was a discussion about it a while back and there was some reason, I forget though.

On the Home page, in the hot links section, the Green in the rainbow is out of order.

hollandben

Absoultely love it. A lot easier to see what is going on and very easy on the eyes. Nice work!!

dvalle

I like the new design better than the last. I do agree about the longevity of each design. I would like to see each design stick around longer.

If I can throw in a constructive critique… I have been reading up a lot about HTML5 and screen readers etc… When I select the code and place it into the HTML5 outliner, it doesn’t seem to follow a logical outline. Is this something that you are working on?

qubestream

This comment can be reused for all new CSS-Tricks site designs. “I liked the old one better!”

When you changed from v6 to v7 it was like drinking Sprite when I was expecting water. Why the change to v7 when v6 was awesome. v7 to v8… “What what playa….v7 was like wine with cheese..what the hell man. v8 to v9…What!?!? Did I just get pwned? I opened the front door and my house looks like a hotel. Why v9 when v8 was the best ever? I am in awe of your skills always.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 105 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.