Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS CSS-Tricks Design (v9)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 105 total)
  • Author
    Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

@sl1dr – I’ve just never done a site using EM’s. I know they are all hip and stuff but it’s just never been that big of a deal to me.

@corey
    – Uhm I can’t remember now. I can’t think of a good reason it’s not just a border.

@krysak4ever
    – I feel like 8 months is long enough for a redesign, but I like your point about continually improving the design during that time. I do that. I feel like frequent redesigns are even more acceptable on sites ABOUT web design, so showcasing the fast-moving techniques of modern web design.

@Jelmer
    – it’s not out yet.

huba

lol. I love the contact feature in the footer.
    What is in your hand Chris ? I hope not an energy drink but a nice chilled can of lager :).
    All the best. Great design BTW.

Despondo

Looks horrible in IE8….Unfortunately that’s what I’m forced to use at work… :-(

Looking forward to viewing on modern browsers at home. :-)

TheDoc

@Despondo – looks like it’s just the Forums that are bonked in IE8, cc @chriscoyier

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

I hope to do all the IE work tonight.

OniLinkCR

I just checked and on IE8 it looks okay. Certainly not as good as modern browsers, but not “horrible”.

About the frequent redesigns, I would say that if the site is about CSS, is about tricks, is about Web Design, then it’s a must that the boundaries need to be pushed even further. I think that everybody, if they truly are in to Web design, must pursue this. In fact, I think CSS-Tricks is the only major site that actually redesigns frequently. Most don’t.

So with that said, I think it’s a great job overall. I am not going to bitch about colors and layouts. I love the site for what it offers me, content and information and it looks great, even if they aren’t my colors of choice.

Give Caesar what is Caesar’s and god what is god’s.

Cool design, I really like it. My only gripe is that it takes too long to download on my smart phone. I really don’t need to see a full desktop version on my phone, scrolling forever. I’m guessing that this is the CSS media queries being applied to a desktop browser version? If so, I think this has to be the Achilles Heel of “Responsive Web Design”…

DavidTurner
    Participant

Absolutely loving the redesign so far.

I do feel I should ask if there was any reason that the time elements were dropped from your articles, choosing to use a div instead?

I’m more curious from a technical side of things, as I can’t see any particular reason for removing something that seemed to be beneficial to the site.

My main reason for asking is that I recently launched a service for referencing/citing websites and books and, previously, your site was one of the very few capable of producing perfect references 100% of the time, to the point that I used your site in the promotional video for the service.

Again, love the design, just mourn some of the technical aspects of it. Keep up the great work.

scofield

I don’t like it.

OttoJuul

Greetings from Denmark ;) – love the new design and the articles in here! keep up the good work.

OttoJuul

Btw, I don’t know if its a mistake or not but i don’t have the search bar and button (the one at the top with the nice nth-of-type google ish look) only the text: Or…Browse Archives

attackoftheweb
    Participant

Love the new look

@scofield Care to be constructive with that criticism?

simoneau

Great update Chris – after looking through the history of updates, this one is by far my favorite!

Thanks for your dedication to this site and helping people learn CSS. I can honestly say that you’ve made me want to become a web developer.

Thanks again!
    JS

paul_irish

effing love the hover effects. and all the transitions. so mad hot.

you can drop the html5shiv ref now that you got modernizr doing that for you.

and i think you should serve univIE6stylesheet to ie7 as well. eff them.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 105 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.