Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS CSS-Tricks Design (v9)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 105 total)
  • Author
    seanroberts

I like it!

Should take some getting use to though..

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

The forums will get converted over sometime this week.

Go ahead and use this thread to report the (surely hundreds) of little mistakes I’ve made. All criticisms accepted! (Unless it’s just “I hate it.”, as that’s not constructive.)

sliver37

Like the new look for the homepage, I don’t know how you can re-design so often!

The animated reordering is pretty slick, I completely forgot media queries obey transition!

Only thing I miss are the slide-in effects on the footer tabs. The picture makes up for it though, unexpectedly jump at me will ya?!

One question I have is why didn’t you put a max-width on the wrapper? (not really a criticism, more curiosity).

seanroberts

Woah woah woah… this site doesn’t contain CSS… or Tricks…. You need to put a disclaimer! lol.

@chriscoyier How about ‘I love it’? Also not constructive, but nonetheless…

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

@sl1dr I WILL ALLOW THIS. But no seriously I think that’s more constructive. Being nice makes people feel good, which is constructive.

@chriscoyier Well said!

seanroberts

I think you forgot to close the div tag for the comment bubble.
    This is what is in the source:

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster
    chrisburton
    Participant

I like it overall, especially the steedicons! Kyle Steed is the man at illustration. Love his work!

I wonder what the logo area would look like if there was no drop shadow to it.
    Maybe there’s just too much of it?

I would swap out the search button and add an icon.
    Speaking of buttons, I can’t say that I’m a fan of them.

I like the footer area much more than the last version with the multi-color top border.

Snippets color palette is brilliant, but not the justified links inside.

The blog area seems much more organized and easier to read.

Can’t seem to find if the background is using CSS gradients or image,
    however, I didn’t look all that hard.

seanroberts

You have:

I am not sure why you are calling the

jamygolden

@chriscoyier I think it’s awesome! As @ChristopherBurton said, it’s much easier to read. I feel like I know exactly what is going on. The colours are very unobtrusive and nice to look at. I especially like the contact area at the bottom! =) Why did you add the angled-striped background image to the HTML element? Just wondering.

chrisburton
    Participant

@jamy_za – Ah Ha! So it is an image. I wonder why he went with an image instead of a -45 degree gradient in the first place.

timdmackey

I love the new redesign! It’s very clean and sophisticated, and makes good use of some advanced css effects (seeing as this is a site about css, it seems appropriate :P)

One complaint I have: I hate it when blogs or news sites use the same title for every page. I usually read through the recent headlines, open up all the articles that I want to read in tabs, and then read them one by one. Having each tab only say “CSS-Tricks” is really annoying, and somewhat impairs the usability of this type of a website. This falls right in line with your current poll—I think the articles pages need to have the title of the article in the <title> tag.

winwalk

Yes I like !!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 105 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.