Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other WP Advanced Custom Fields Plugin

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    tobeeornot

I’ve just set some new customs fields for images on a specific page using this plugin. Unfortunately , I seem to be getting a strange php error message on the wp back end page (screenshot) , and I am not sure why.

I am using the following code on the relevant template to select the image but it isn’t working:

On the selected page, the broken-image box, where the image should be, is misplacing the location set by the class.

I have also tried the following code for calling the image on the template, which gets the location right but no image:

image1
    TheDoc

Does this function allow you to put an array in it? Better off sticking with manually putting the class name in there.

Maybe it’s not liking the space after the_field. Try this:

image1
    TheDoc

It also might not like the period in your custom field name.

tobeeornot

Yep, that is what I also tried but the image is not appearing (but the placement is right) and the weird error message on the wp back-end page is still there.

tobeeornot

Ok, I uninstalled the plugin and reinstalled it and that seems to have cured the php error message. The problem now is that the custom fields display ‘no image selected’ after I have uploaded them. They also do not appear on the relevant page. Any ideas?

For reference, I have set ‘Page Template’ as equal to ‘Home’ (the relevant page) on the custom fields rules.

TheDoc

Hmmmm… not sure I can help much there without having access to the backend.

tobeeornot

That’s ok, Doc. I am making some progress. I can now upload the images to the WP back-end but I can’t get them to display in on the the web-page.

tobeeornot

Maybe my loop is incorrect? It would great if someone could take a look:

• image1
    " class="button">View More

• image2

• while ( have_posts() ) : the_post(); ?>

• image3

tobeeornot

I should add this is the code WP is outputting:

image1

So, it seems the uploaded images on the back-end are not being acknowledged by the front end.

tobeeornot

Just got this feedback from the plugin developer:

“You should have a look at this: http://plugins.elliotcondon.com/advanced-custom-fields/documentation/code-examples/#wpshdo_8

Basically, when dealing with a custom loop, you need to enter the post ID as a second parameter, so ACF knows which object to get your values from.”

Would appreciate it if anyone could help me alter the code accordingly.

TheDoc

You could do:

image3

But I don’t think you should have to. I can look at the loops tomorrow!

tobeeornot

Thanks Doc but that didn’t work. Could it be that I need to register the plugin in functions.php? Be much appreciated if you could look at my loop.

TheDoc

No, the plugin shouldn’t have anything to do with functions.php.

Can you take a screen shot of your edit screen? I’d like to see what the ACF fields look like that you’ve set up!

tobeeornot

Edit Field Group Screenshot

Home back-end Screenhot

tobeeornot
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.