Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Total Page Scroll Control

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    Mottie

I have a jQuery plugin named visualNav that works well with page blocks that are smaller than the viewport. It also allows you to cancel the scrolling animation on user interaction.

This demo even updates the hash as well as scrolls horizontally with a different easing setting.

Eventually, I’d like to rewrite it in plain JS and use CSS/polyfill for the smooth scrolling.

Funkaholik
    Participant

Actually that .fading effect is fooing with my other transitions that i have .. can’t handle it at all err

Shikkediel
    Participant

Demo or it didn’t happen. ;-)

Funkaholik
    Participant

what was bad about it is that i couldn’t recrate that bug with a pen but i’ve already fixed it .. ))

Funkaholik
    Participant

i’m actually was working with your script on mobile friendly layout
    which you can check here or here
    And stuck on the very last step – when you’re in mobile view you can click menu and then when you click any of the menu links it should
    throw you to the page section and close itself .. but none of my attempts were succesfull..(

Shikkediel
    Participant

Let me reply on the original topic…

throw you to the page section and close itself

Instantaneously or animated? And if case of animation, should the menu close directly or at the animation end? Here’s one approach in any case:

codepen.io/ybBdOx

Funkaholik
    Participant

At the end of animation i think would be better.

Shikkediel
    Participant

I’ve placed the line of code you created (hide visibility of the menu) inside the callback then…

var target = $('.fading'), guide = $('#nav'),

$('html, body').animate({scrollTop: destination}, 500, function() {

if (!guide.hasClass('toggle')) guide.addClass('toggle').removeClass('show');

});

Funkaholik
    Participant

i’m just thinkin how to kick some extra animations within the page sections
    say you scroll to id=”two” it becomes visible by having a class .fading and then some extra anim/trans happens
    with inside elements .. which way to choose to run those?

Shikkediel
    Participant

I’d use the callback inside the callback…

$('html, body').animate({scrollTop: destination}, 500, function() {

if (!guide.hasClass('toggle')) guide.addClass('toggle').removeClass('show');

if (goal.length) {
        goal.fadeTo(250, 1, function() {
          if (item == '#two') $(item).css('filter', 'blur(2px)'); // this specifically
        });
      }

pilot = false;
    });

Funkaholik
    Participant

You’ve added fx to id but i was talkin’ about inner elements..)
    For example how to change color of icons in the end when you scroll to that section or using navbar
    Pretty much add some fx to any inner elements of sections and kick them as you focus on that page section?

Maybe make some extra classes with fx’s and add them to inner elements when user focused on id’s?

Ahh don’t pay attemtion to that .. i’ve already figured this

But did you noticed that if you click between neighbor links in the navbar fading fails to start in time?

Shikkediel
    Participant

Yeah, that was just a random effect I added to the earlier pen. You can pretty much do anything you want based on the condition of landing on the specific id itself.

if (item == '#two')

But did you noticed that if you click between neighbor links in the navbar fading fails to start in time?

Not sure what that means, not seeing anything particular myself.
    Okay, think I know what you mean.

Shikkediel
    Participant

It was a simple fix…

codepen.io/ybBdOx

Funkaholik
    Participant

Currently thinkin on how to erase jquery fades from js and just run animations in css.
    In the previous pens i’ve added animate.css and seems like animations were working as it should
    you scroll to a section and transitions happens
    But .. i’ve deleted previous pens and in the last few animates.css doesn’t work((
    i don’t quite understand why, cdnjs fail or else .. that’s very strange.
    Or maybe it’s because of js changes? Whatcha think?

Shikkediel
    Participant

Definitely because of using JS, CSS animation requires changing classes. It would overcomplicate things though, jQuery 3.0 is now using requestAnimationFrame so the performance difference is likely negligible.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 61 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.