Get a free trial // Grow your CSS skills // Land your dream job

Moving box auto scroll and loop

• # December 17, 2009 at 12:53 am

Its’ great. But how do i move images automatically in infinite loop.

I am using slider.js and jquery-1.3.1.min.js

any change in js?

# February 2, 2010 at 5:39 pm

I’m in need of the same thing. I’m trying to work through the code on the anything slider in order to add it to the moving boxes but I’m a newbie at jquery and I can’t seem to figure it out. Any help would be great.

# March 5, 2010 at 1:30 pm

i need the same option too

# April 6, 2010 at 10:27 am

Hi all!

I have got the same problem of thakkermukund. I used, I modified … /style.css and I create my gallery in

I would like a circular gallery so that:
    * when I show last image, I would like load first image on the right-hand side of last image. if I click right button, then I would like load second image, and so on
    * when I show first image, and I click left button, then I would like load last image. and if I click again left button, then I would like load next to last image, and son on

is it possible with this gallery?

# April 7, 2010 at 5:57 am

Im looking for the same loop. I love moving boxes. Is this possible Chris?

# April 7, 2010 at 9:37 am

The AnythingSlider has "infinite" and "autoscroll"

Maybe you can either adapt that to your needs, or dissect what is going on there and implement it into the moving boxes design.

# September 25, 2010 at 5:58 am

can anyone help me to update moving box script into a very similar script from ???

# March 21, 2011 at 11:38 am

I added the following to the original jquery.movingboxes.js file in line 126:

setInterval( function() {$(‘.mb-right’).click();}, 5000 );

It seems to work fine, but unfortunately I always got a blue border around links (text and image links…). Tried to set border to 0/none in html and css but´s still there.
    Any idea about that?

# March 21, 2011 at 3:22 pm

okay, my bad… added the pseudoclass a:focus { outline: none; } into the css-file.
    Et voila. Autoplay, looping and NO ugly blue border…

# March 27, 2011 at 3:15 am

the script is awesome… absinth>>how did you manage to make it loop? thanks for your help

# January 30, 2012 at 6:18 pm

Any update on this question? I see that you are able to have the boxes loop (as seen in the change log Version 2.2 for the “wrap” option – But, has anyone figured out a way for the boxes to slide automatically say every 3-5 seconds without the user having to click the right arrow? That would be a nice feature as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

# January 30, 2012 at 8:42 pm

Hi odonnetp!

I made a demo with some code that interacts with MovingBoxes to make it into a slideshow:

I haven’t integrated it into the plugin because I’m trying to decide if it should be an extension or added to the plugin core.

# February 3, 2012 at 3:52 pm

Hi Mottie,

thanks for the link. It looks great. Would be nice though if it just started automatically. Any way to have it start automatically without having someone needing to click “Play”.

# February 3, 2012 at 5:56 pm

Just add the following to the initialization code:

initialized: function(e, slider, tar){

and here is an updated demo.

And, if you want it to play forever, just remove this from the loop function:

// if wrap is true, check for last slide, then stop slideshow
    if (mb.options.wrap !== true && mb.curPanel >= mb.totalPanels){
    // click the button to pause
    # February 8, 2012 at 3:22 pm

Perfect! looks like just what we could use. Thank you!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

There's a whole bunch of content on CSS-Tricks.

Search for Stuff   •   Browse the Archives

Get the Newsletter ... or get the RSS feed