Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS icon font bug or IE bug?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    hackyaaa
    Participant

Problem : None of icon fonts show up in https environment. Shows up fine in chrome & any other normal browser.

If a company that does 250 billion USD a year can’t fix this fucxxxx problem, how am I supposed to fix it?

IE_https_icon_font_bug

IE can go to hell already!!!

Paulie_D

Is this a general rant or are you actually going to show us the site and perhaps explain a little more?

Senff
    Participant

Just because IE does things differently doesn’t mean they “can’t fix this fucxxxx problem“. No offense, but with an attitude like that, solving problems is only going to be a little harder.

hackyaaa
    Participant

You can go here.

https://www.insightsc3m.com/

And observe the problem.

This is Altria website (aka Philip Morris, sells Marlboro cigarettes. Biggest cigarette manufacturer in the world.)

Paulie_D

Is this on any specific page?

Don’t tell me we have to log in to see the issue?

hackyaaa
    Participant

MS has been introducing defective browsers (i.e., non-compliant browsers) for over a decade now.

This has caused businesses & corporations billions & billions of dollars.

I am a front-end developer but also a COO of a small corporation (we only do few million dollars a year) & a licensed attorney.

As an attorney, I can tell you there is a valid case for class action lawsuit against MS.

Can you imagine the magnitude of emotional distress IE has caused to front-end developers over the years?

I have spoken with few legal departments at large corporations. Nobody wants to sue MS. Vast majority of attorneys working for large corporations (I would says 99.99%) are ignorant of the issue and they can’t possibly sue MS when they are using MS products.

Their contract with MS prohibits them from doing so.

So before talking about my attitude, you need to realize MS has been brazenly introducing defective products to the market knowing (I would even argue in court that MS has been “willful”) their browsers are defective.

hackyaaa
    Participant

No, you don’t have to log in to see the problem.

http://hackya.com/us/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/IE.jpg

I have already provided the link.

https://www.insightsc3m.com/

If you can’t see what is wrong, I don’t know what else to tell you.

Shikkediel
    Participant

Obviously more ego than troubleshooting skills. Shows fine on IE, even with emulation of version 8. Must be local.

Microsoft is responsible for their engine functionality, not for rendering all the crap any one wants to put through it.

Good luck with the lawsuit and selling cigarettes.

hackyaaa
    Participant

Altria (Philip Morris) sells cigarettes.

I do not work for Altria. Altria website is just one example I have shown.

You are relying on emulator? LOL

Use an actual IE10, 11, etc.

hackyaaa
    Participant

Email me at hackya.com (at) gmail.com

I will be more than happy to send you a copy of my attorney registration card.

Have been an attorney since 1999.

Jonathon Harrelson
    Participant

Most developers don’t have a windows system to view internet explorer, so we have to rely on emulators as OSX does not support internet exploder

hackyaaa
    Participant

“Most developers don’t have a windows system to view internet explorer” – speak for yourself.

Have you done any survey to make that claim?

Please make factual statement rather than stating your own opinion or describe your own circumstance.

Shikkediel
    Participant

FYI – I’m using actual IE11, just emulating earlier versions.
    Anyway, it’s all a non-issue because that page renders as it should.

Senff
    Participant

Objection, your honor!

Most developers don’t have a windows system to view internet explorer, so we have to rely on emulators as OSX does not support internet exploder

Overruled.

Anyway…

I’ve used an ACTUAL IE8, an ACTUAL IE9, an ACTUAL IE10 and an ACTUAL IE11, and….. the icons DO show on all of them.

I’ll bite, though….

Can you imagine the magnitude of emotional distress IE has caused to front-end developers over the years?

A good front end coder knows his/her way around the bugs. IE is not perfectly bug-free — but neither is any of the other browsers. The amount of developers who create bad code and then blame IE when the web site is not shown properly, is staggering.

Paulie_D

I’m not sure who is trolling the best here, the OP or this…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.