Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Critique my website please.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    Arvid

Css3Pie is just one suggestion. Also, does it matter so much if IE users get non rounded corners and a fallback color. I also think there’s a microsoft filter to create gradients in IE.

chrisburton
    Participant

@waffle, I would agree not to use images. Your background does need more work because you can see it repeat. Looks like you’re getting upset over the feedback but everyone seems pretty on point. You can create your buttons using CSS and a specific browser not showing border-radius or gradient shouldn’t stop you. Images are a thing of the past.

Waffle

I’m not getting upset at all. Sorry if I seem like it…

And please refresh the page, you cannot see where the background repeats. its fine. Have a good look.

chrisburton
    Participant

I can certainly tell where it repeats

chrisburton
    Participant

@Speedgun, I should have been more clear, “I can certainly tell where it repeats within the image

@waffle
    , I created something close to your image button in CSS. I could have spent more time on it but I got lazy. If anyone wants to play with it, feel free.

Button 1: CSS
    Button 2: Image
    URL: Here

I think what I would do in this particular situation is use the image but condense the file down significantly and make a sprite so there is no delay on hover.

Waffle

@Christopher Burton
    How do I condense it down and make a sprite?

chrisburton
    Participant

In Photoshop:

Edit: Scrapped.

Then, Go To:

File > Save For Web & Devices > JPEG (Drop-down menu to the right)
    For Qaulity, 60 should do it.

We’ll go from there afterwards

Waffle

oki I’ve done that

chrisburton
    Participant

What’s the file size?

Waffle

Wait what 2 buttons in a row?

chrisburton
    Participant

Let me rephrase as I changed the above probably after you read it.

We will create a vertical sprite by placing the normal state image first and below it we will place the hover state.

Waffle

Okay I’ve got that. Whats next?

Waffle

8.44KB File size of the image

chrisburton
    Participant

I’ve got 7. But anyway, now that I roughly know the file size, you want to do this for the other buttons. Let me know when you’re finished

Waffle

Right all four buttons done, I am assuming this is going to be something to do with CSS and positioning.. I might have done this before but failed at it.

Whats next?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.