Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Critique my website please.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    Waffle

http://coadin-internet.com/

Content isnt done yet but i’d like some helpful critisism :D

chrisburton
    Participant

I usually don’t express my input on feedback questions like this but a few things to consider:

1. You have invalid markup here

2. Your background image needs to be condensed in file size and re-evaluated since you can tell where it repeats.

3. Either use sprites for your nav buttons or (in my opinion) use CSS to create it.

4. Why are you using tables when that is not what tables are for?

rallred84

I like it. Very simple, very clean. Like that you can reach everything from the one page.

My only criticism has to do with the wording of your content (which you have already indicated isn’t complete, so this may be a moot point)

“Coadin Internet provides an array of services, from Web Design to Logo design, we make sure that our clients are happy with their design.

Website Design
    Logo Design
    Design to Code “

It is very repetitive with the use of the same word “design” three times in one sentence, and then again three times in the bullet points.

Maybe something like this would be better:

“Coadin Internet provides an array of services, ranging from Web Design to custom logo creation. In addition to offering websites that are both visually stunning and easy to navigate, we also ensure that all of our websites are designed to meet the most up to date code so that every user, no matter what computer system they are running, gets the same great experience. Most importantly, we make sure that our clients are happy with their design.” (or something like that)

There is really no need for the bullet points because they were saying the same thing that you already said in the paragraph without really adding anything else.

But this stuff probably isn’t why you posted this on here. Your DESIGN (there’s that word again) was very nice in my opinion. Good stuff!

Waffle

Thank you very much both of you.
    @ChristopherBurton

Thanks! I have looked at the W3C stuff and corrected a lot of the mistakes.
    Also
    @Rallred! good critisism! thanks. I will change that :D

chrisburton
    Participant

Take value out

Your list items need to be inside an unordered list

• example:

• Whatever

• etc

Waffle

@ChristopherBurton

I cannot take the value out, You cannot see from just viewing source code but
    I have some php inside the value

chrisburton
    Participant

The value attribute is an invalid attribute of textarea.

Also replace your head with this:

Coadin Internet | Web Designers

Waffle

Changed my Head. …

And I’d have to redo my whole PHP form. :/

chrisburton
    Participant

Your markup needs to be valid and that should be a main focus. I’m confused as to why you deleted everything?

Waffle

Deleted everything no. :/ FTP Error, uploaded everything else by accident and now ive lost my cpanel passwords, trying to sort it.

Waffle

Its all been put back now :D.

Waffle

My background is fine, I redid it, Its fine. its suppose to be like that, thats the pattern.

How can i possibly make those exact buttons with css, those are buttons I made with photoshop. It wouldnt look as good.

Arvid
    Arvid

Of course, I realise that the button maker’s not perfect for all situations so I made a css3 button looking a lot like yours, now you can just customize it to your needs, not so many changes should be needed.

Button using CSS3

Contact

You can also use box-shadow for the drop shadow.

Waffle

Aye I appreciate the suggestion, but Border radius doesn’t work in most browsers…

Images do.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.