Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Anything Slider Help, Change Animation to Fade

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    idextrus

Hi Mottie!

Thanks for your super fast response! I checked your example in both Firefox and Safari (Mac) and neither of them work for me :( Click Start, any of the arrows and/or numbered tabs and nada!

Thanks for your help!

Mottie

Weird, it was still get to the jQuery edge version… try this one.

idextrus

HI Mottie,

Still having issues with the fader. If you have a min and could take a quick peek at http://www.tienda.com/temp/home-test.html (currently using v1.2 with slides) and let me know what I need to do to make it work with FX faders I would buy you a beer!

Chris

Mottie

Yeah, that is the main problem then… the FX extension won’t work with v1.2. You’ll just need to update AnythingSlider to the latest version.

netdiva

@Mottie – Hi, Mottie – Thanks so much for your response. Not sure where the stlight options issue arises. I made the changes you suggested, here. Now the fade starts, but the next image never appears. Any suggestions – thanks so much, again.

Mottie

@netdiva: The FX code should look like this:

'.panel' : [ 'fade', '', 1000, 'easeInCirc' ]

the code on that page is missing the empty string and comma after the “fade”

xarvan

Hello Ladies And Gentleman, I used AnythingSlider (For WordPress) in one of my projects and everything’s working fine except, when the page loads the first slide comes in, fades out and then fades back in again (Blinks) and it’s bugging the client. I’ve been reading forums and blogs to figure out how to resolve this issue. It came to my attention that previously UNATA was dealing with the same problem and some other people in other blogs also mentioned it but unfortunately there’s no solution.

Here’s the website : new.talas.ca .. anything at this point would help ..

Thank You

Mottie

@xarvan: Try setting the “stopRepeat” fx option to true (demo). Here is a full list of fx options.

Hmm, I don’t think that is part of the WP plugin, so we might have to bug Jacob about it.

Edit: I just emailed him about the option, in case it isn’t already part of the WP plugin.

xarvan

Thank you Mottie for the fast reply, I followed the demo link, that’s exactly the issue I’m talking about, and yes I couldn’t find the set of code to change it in WP version.

Mottie

Hi Xarvan! He replied and said he’d look at it, so just keep an eye on the WP plugin for updates.

idextrus

Hey Mottie,

Any way to get a fade without the slide? Here is my test page: http://www.tienda.com/temp/home-test2.html – not properly formatted yet as I’m just trying to get fades between list elements first.

Thanks

Mottie

Hi Idextrus!

I’m guessing you want to make your slides cross-fade (fade directly from one slide to another)? Sorry, but at this time, AnythingSlider is based upon lining up all of the slides side-by-side (or top-to-bottom when vertical) and the outer container is repositioned to bring the proper slide into view.

There are other sliders out there that stack all of their images – in fact our own Jamy has PlusSlider which can do both!

idextrus

Thanks for the quick reply yet again! I’ll check out PlusSlider. Damn, I had AnythingSlider working perfectly and then the client said “Um, I think that we want fades instead”. Argh!

doobie

Hey Mottie,

I know I’m about a week late on this… but can/should I just add the stopRepeat as a default option to all slideshows with the ‘Fade’ option enabled?

-J

Mottie

Umm, sure? Can’t that be set by the admin with the check boxes?

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 62 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.