Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Design Your Design Critiques and Sugestions on Code Improvement

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hi, folks ! I just finished the intro to my future to be portfolio. It is a 1 minute intro only. I would be grateful if you could give me your honest opinion on it .The intro is quite responsive but runs best under Chrome ( There is one .gif image that doesn’t load right into Firefox and IE – you could tell me how to fix that too). Here is a direct link and here is a link at Codepen.io. I wonder how I could reduce all that jQuery madness with the .delay() going on ? Is there anything I could improve on the design as well? Thank you in advance :)

I added some sounds and resolved some issues but still the jQuery is too mixed up :/

Koopa
    Participant

I really like your intro, but for my taste it is a bit too long. Especially for people, who revisit your site will be annoyed by such a long intro, which they have to watch over and over again

That are just my thoughts on practicality

Keep it up :)

Koopa

Hi, Koopa. Thank you for your review. There is a skip the intro button in the top right corner as well as mute button :)

__
    Participant

There is a skip the intro button in the top right corner as well as mute button :)

I didn’t notice that at all. In fact, after you pointed it out, I still didn’t see it right away. I’d say that it needs to be more obvious.

As for the sequence itself, I’ll comment on three parts:

The beginning (where the circle expands and we see bubbles, code, etc.) is pretty neat.

The middle (after the circle collapses again, and you describe your design process) seems slow. Even the first time I watched it, it seemed to take a painfully long time.

The ending (where the screen changes color several times and then reveals your site) seems tacked-on – it doesn’t seem to contribute anything. I think one transition, directly to your site, might be better. (In fact, I think the middle and end could be left off entirely with no ill effect.)

Overall, impressive work – well-executed.

Hi, traq. Thank you for your comment. I appreciate the advice. I will fork the pen and make a second corrected version according to your advice to see how it goes :)

I made a 10 seconds shorter version and you could see it here . It is really hard for me to reduce its length after knowing how much effort I’d put into it but maybe it’s better to be short :)

rrajeev.9234
    Participant

nvbvccv

__
    Participant

It is really hard for me to reduce its length after knowing how much effort I’d put into it but maybe it’s better to be short :)

I understand – reduction is painful. :)

The effort you put in really shows, though. And please don’t think I’m trying to force you to cut it short if you don’t like it that way – just a suggestion.

I did some changes though so the animation goes more fluidly. Now it’s even shorter and is more coherent . I was wondering If I should use it as a intro though. Splash pages ran out of fashion in 1998 :D

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.