Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript XMLHttpRequest not working in IE9

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    nutt318

For some reason the below script doesnt work in IE9, anyway to fix it?

Edit: looks like its getting an access denied error, the server that is running this script is different than the one in the url below that its trying to open.

nutt318

So I’ve found that it has to do with cross site scripting. My server that I’m running the above code on actually calls or does a GET to a different URL or Server than the one hosting the code.

So I’ve googled and found that IE9 doesnt like the crosssite scripting, however I cannot find a way to make the above code work.

Any ideas?

SgtLegend

The only way around this in IE is to use a server side script that allows you to create a connection to an external server while allowing the Ajax request to run normally, because you look to be using ASP simply create a new controller that handles cross domain requests but exits before the normal page content gets output to the browser.

nutt318

Would you have any examples of this? I’ll also try to Google your statement and see what I can find.

Thanks!

nutt318

So I’ve modified my code as seen below and added the XDomainRequest but it doesnt seem to be working. Do I have something thats not correct?

Any Ideas?

nutt318

I still cannot figure this out, anyone have any ideas?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.