Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End WordPress Transients not regenerating?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Noel Forte
    Participant

Hi –

I’m new to the transients API, and am trying to set up a page that runs a series of loops and database queries, outputs them to HTML as a variable, saves it to the database, and then can be accessed at any time.

This page relies on user meta data, so if a user gets updated, I need the queries to be re-run and a new copy of the page to be generated, regardless if the transient is expired or not.

After doing some fiddling around, I have the transient set up so that when a user updates their own profile, or the profile of another user, the transient gets deleted. However, even with the transient non-existent in the database, WordPress continues on its way, loading the data as if nothing had happened, although the transient is in reality, gone.

Why might this be happening? I’m running on a MAMP installation in conjunction with Codekit 2. I want to test this before I move it live, so I haven’t tried it on a “real” server environment yet.

Thanks,

Noel

Noel Forte
    Participant
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.