Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End WordPress text is appearing delayed and slow on site.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    justin
    Participant

HI im not sure what I’m doing wrong, but when I load my site, the text comes in sparse sections and not all at once so it looks weird, I thought it was FOUT, because I’m using Typekit but when I removed the Typekit link, the text still came in slow with the normal basic fonts as well. I’m trying to figure out what is causing this issue because although the site is nothing special to look at it, sure makes the site look amanteur even more so than it already is. intueridesigns.com I also thought it could be the advanced custom fields plugin, but then I noticed it was happening on the about page and blog page, and so on. The issue was occuring when I was developing on MAMP set up as well. Any help is much appreciated!!! oh but the logo is animation, although maybe not the best job, but it is not part of the delay of rendering text.

Alen
    Participant

Are you using anything with the name of “GINGER SOFTWARE”? It is attempting to correct spelling / grammar.

You also have production.min.js not being loaded.

justin
    Participant

Thanks Alen for your response, I took out the production.min.js file because I wasn’t using it anyway, I’m not exactly sure why it’s not being loaded seeing how the file directory path seemed correct? I am guessing that the Ginger Software could be the problem, I don’t know where it comes from? In fact, I have been wondering about where Ginger Software is coming from and how to deactivate because I see it on many websites when I use Dev tools to inspect elements. Any help is much appreciated and thanks again for your response! But just so I understand, the way the text is behaving is not normal, right?

Alen
    Participant

If you look at this example text:

<p>Hello world say what you need to say. Cras justo odio, dapibus ac facilisis in, egestas eget quam. Nulla vitae <span id="9c759d7f-20dc-4a1e-b19a-891e30531c7e" class="GINGER_SOFTWARE_mark"><span id="26da5421-bfdb-4738-a5a0-6d0e8d5de771" class="GINGER_SOFTWARE_mark">elit</span></span> <span id="df10dced-0083-4c0c-8c0c-d3a495ad0384" class="GINGER_SOFTWARE_mark"><span id="90cd91cd-27db-4ff1-96cd-d6c250753407" class="GINGER_SOFTWARE_mark">libero</span></span>, a pharetra augue. Donec sed odio dui. Vivamus sagittis lacus vel augue laoreet rutrum faucibus dolor auctor.</p>

Do you have some sort of plugin that is adding all these <span> tags? The animation is coming from global.css under span tag.

justin
    Participant

Thanks so much Alen! I just ended up taking out the animation all together, but I definitely learned I have to be way more careful declaring my styles in WordPress because of all the tags that get self generated. You really helped me learn a valuable lesson! Anyway, the problem is gone now, thanks to your help!
    I don’t know what plugin was adding the extra span tags I was using the advanced custom field plugin, it seems that the problem extended beyond the areas where the plugin was used. I guessing it could be Ginger Software adding in span tags on the backend? But the main problem seemed to be that I didn’t define my span tag in global.css very carefully and it was affecting any span tag that would be added by me and generated through Ginger or WordPress or I’don know what. Thanks again for helping a newbie!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.