Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other WordPress Plugin for Post on Pages??

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    WildSpirit

I’ve searched high and low and can’t seem to find a plugin to do what I want…

I know I can do this with editing a little bit of PHP but I’m actually wanting to find a plugin for this so someone who doesn’t know ANYthing about code/php can do it…

This is what I’m looking for:
    I have a page called “products”
    I have a few posts with a category attached called “products”
    I would like to have theses specific “product” category posts show up on my Products page with an image and a blurb. Then if clicked on goes to the actual post about that product.

Like I said, I know I can do this piece of cake with some code and a custom page template but really need a plugin

TheLeggett

Hmmmm, this sort of sounds like you’re looking for a category page. How would this be different from a traditional category archive?

WildSpirit

Hmmmm I see your point… I guess I want to to be styled more like a product page for shopping not listed posts (would have image and blurb) but you don’t have to actually mess with any php files… just a plugin.

TheLeggett

I don’t know of any plugins that do what you’re describing, but maybe there is one!

What you are describing definitely sounds like something that could easily be coded into a theme though. I must imagine that if a plugin doesn’t exist, it wouldn’t be too difficult to put one together. What you’re essentially describing is a category specific template, which is very easily achieved in WP.

WildSpirit

Well I guess I’ll have to suck it up and code that template! I’m teaching a basic class for small business and wanted to easily include this feature, but if I create the template and they upload it and select it if they need it that would work too!

Thanks! :)

DogsGhost

sounds a lot like a screencast Chris did on custom fields. #65. He makes a products page and a sub page for each product. Might want to check that out.

WildSpirit

Thanks DogsGhost! I do remember seeing that… Going to go and refresh my memory.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.