Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other WordPress Navigation

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    mcity

Hi Guys,

I am hoping someone can help me. I am increasing my knowledge with WordPress but still consider myself a novice so bear with me.

I need to build a standard directory where businesses can add a listing. The question I have is regarding the navigation. At first my first thought was using posts and the navigation would be simply categories.

E.G. > WINERIES
    > Jacobs Creek Winery
    > Mudbrick Winery

> WEDDINGS (List all posts associated with weddings)
    > FLOWERS
    > ABC Flower Co
    > CELEBRANTS
    > J Doe Celebrant’
    > VENUES
    > Mudbrick Winery

Linking posts to categories obviously works, however the issue arises when I want to list one post in multiple categories. I.e Mudbrick winery above requires to be listed under the winery category and under the sub category of Venues under Weddings. In practice when clicking on the sub category venues within Weddings it lists every other post apart from Mudbrick.!?

One solution I guess is to create two posts one for wineries and one for venues, but this is not cool and there must be another way to do this. Am I on the right path? Should I now be considering tags for navigation? Can that be achieved in the same way ?

Thanks in advance and I hope someone out there can help,

Cheers

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.