Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript WordPress loop: Hide images

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Ash149
    Participant

Hey,

So working on a website and at the moment, I’ve got a loop which is just posting out the posts that I want, however I want to stop images from being included in the loop. But I still want the images to be their when you click onto the actual post, I’ve had a look online and found a few things that I tried but couldn’t seem to get working.

I’m guessing their must be a way to do this? I’m running the latest version of wordpress.

Thanks!

Ashey

Brightonmike

Could you not set up some kinda of custom field that just parses the text and ignores images? Then call the custom field instead of the content.

Ash149
    Participant

Thanks Brightonmike, I’m not all that good with PHP at the moment, so let me just check, are you saying that if I create a custom field and call that instead of the content, then just put all the text of the post into the custom field?

Brightonmike

You could do, yeah. I’m sure there’s a better option, but it’d work. The main downside is having to manually paste the test into a custom field.

I haven’t done this myself btw, just an idea.

TheDoc

Hmmmmm… you might be able to use this: http://codex.wordpress.org/Template_Tags/the_excerpt_rss

Kermet

You could use a custom template and include the_content() into a div of some kind of id or class:

and put in the css

.mycustomclass img {
    display: none;
    }
    Ash149
    Participant

Thanks everyone for the responses, I will share what I have done to get it working later on incase anyone else is interested.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.