Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other WordPress: how to place Custom Post with Custom Fields in widget area

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Senff
    Participant

I’m sure I can figure this out if I look or try for a few hours, but who knows some of you may know of a shortcut.

In my WP install, I have a custom post type with custom fields (it’s for events, so the user can enter an event title, event description and date). I want to give the user the option to add events to any widget area.

It should work much like adding a menu to a widget area: with those you drag and drop the “Custom Menu” widget to the widget area and then you can select which menu you want to display. I’d like to drag and drop an “Event” widget to the widget area and then let the user select which event should be shown.

(of course, I will have to do some coding to make sure the title, description and date is displayed properly).

Anybody know if there is a simple plugin for this or will I have to code this manually?

Senff
    Participant

Addition: I’m now using this plugin to show custom posts: http://wordpress.org/support/plugin/custom-post-widget , but I have no idea how to get the custom fields to display. Argh

Senff
    Participant

Ha! Found it in the meantime. So never mind :)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.