Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS WooCommerce

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    TWG
    Participant

I know this isn’t probably the place but I’ve been looking at a few “e-commerce” solutions for my friends website. He is using WordPress as the backend and I’ve setup a face site on a spare computer in my house to test a few options for him. I have come to like WooCommerce a lot but I’m having a few issues with it.

His website is a custom built theme that is using the “WooCommerce” plugin. It seems that the website is ignoring the sizes that are set inside the plugin’s settings. Is there something that I need to add to the current theme css to have it recognize the image settings?

If I had this on a live server, I would post a link to it but it’s just on an internal XP box I had laying around.

You can set the image dimensions in your functions.php file. That way the images will be resized properly, and won’t be blurry or anything.

global $pagenow;
    if ( is_admin() && isset( $_GET ) && $pagenow == 'themes.php' ) add_action('init', 'woo_install_theme', 1);
    function woo_install_theme() {

update_option( 'woocommerce_thumbnail_image_width', '300' );
    update_option( 'woocommerce_thumbnail_image_height', '300' );
    update_option( 'woocommerce_single_image_width', '600' );
    update_option( 'woocommerce_single_image_height', '600' );
    update_option( 'woocommerce_catalog_image_width', '450' );
    update_option( 'woocommerce_catalog_image_height', '450' );

}

Source: http://www.woothemes.com/woocommerce-codex/theming-woocommerce/#code-snippets

Douglas

Maddtechwf please share your css code to fix the woocommerce image sizes.

Douglas

Do I add that code to the theme functions.php? or the woocommerce-functions.php?

joslex

I’m curious for those that have used WooCommerce and Shopp if you find one better than the other? We’ve had our fair share of bugs and issues with Shopp on a recent install and I was kinda hoping WooCommerce would be a better alternative next time.

Douglas

@Maddtechwf I added the code from above to the functions.php in my themes folder changed all the image sizes to 150 but the product pages css all remain 300 and the related products are still pulling the 150 thumbnails into a 300 css box and making them blurry.

Are there any other changes I have to make to the code above? did you just copy and paste it and it into the functions.php and it worked?

joslex

@JoshWhite – It was a pretty small shop…seven products total.

AngeloP
    Participant

@Maddtechwf @Douglas I am having the same issue. Thanks for posting to this site. It’s been the only helpful resource, so far. The biggest issue I’m having is with the related products images at the bottom of a single product page. They are extremely blurry, making my site look unprofessional. Does anyone know of a way to tackle this? I used the code above, regenerated my thumbnails, and the other images seem to look better, but still not great.

Hi folks, i’ve done a bit of code hacking and managed to find a workaround –

http://www.thedesignguys.co.uk/woocommerce-image-blurring-problem

Also, check the comments as Lauren may have an easy way for you to do this without going into the CSS. Cheers:)

I don’t know CSS yet, but am familiar with WordPress and HTML. Is there any way to fix this blurry image issue without knowing CSS? I’ve uploaded the WordPress plugin for regenerating thumbnails and have spent hours trying to resize images in the WooCommerce Settings section under Catalog. And nothing changes. My e-commerce store looks like garbage because the first image everyone sees is blurry no matter what I do. I’ve spent hours trying to fix this and I need help. Can anyone please help? The website is http://1worldcreations.com.

Is there any way to resolve this issue? I have spent hours resizing images, looking through CSS coding that I don’t understand where to make the changes and just am at my wit’s end. I know WooCommerce works but have no idea why the first image is always blurry no matter what I do.

If anyone can give me simple instructions, please let me know. [email protected]

DanyDuchaine

Hey guys,
    I’m doing this theme using WooCommerce plugin and it work great. I run into a problem though.
    Following this guide : http://wcdocs.woothemes.com/codex/template-structure/
    I’ve changed some of the file in the template directory to fit my layout. I’ve created a “woocommerce” folder in the root of my theme, and moved my modified files there.
    Work perfectly on my local host .. but when I upload on the wp installation on my server, it’s a different story. My custom files doesn’t get called and worst .. when I click “Add to cart” on a product .. it send it twice .. and when I visit the cart page, it add random product as well ..
    Does someone know what’s going on here?

GTC1187

Hey guys,
    Does anyone know a simple way to change the color of the text on the checkout area to a different color than black?
    Thanks!

thordog

Hi All,

Need to add a different banner image to each Product Category…does anyone know how to do this please? I’m not a coding expert :/

Thanks in advance

medafighterX

Hi guys! I need help regarding this plugin.
    Does anyone know how can I loop the product images as a list?
    Apparently, woocommerce has 2 php files. One is for the featured product, and one is for the product thumbnails (product-image.php & product-thumbnails.php) I’d like to put them on a single php file and loop the product images and make them appear as a <li>. Thanks in advance!

kylechamb

Thanks for the above code! My site crashed! Awesome. Now I have work to do.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.