Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Why would page not display in browser from server?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    cyclingg
    Participant

I finished an assignment for school and uploaded my files to the school server in the student display area. When I checked to make sure everything worked as it should, a couple of things did not work.

I have a shopping cart with a “proceed to checkout button” that takes you to the check out page. If you did not login yet, you are first taken to the login page. After logging in, the checkout page displays and you fill a form (which has functions checking for blank fields, correct email format, alpha only or integers only).

When I have all the files on my local drive and I double click the .html to display the pages in Firefox, everything displays and works as it should. After uploading to the school server, the login page did not display. Instead the checkout page displayed but the content was hidden because I have visibility set to hidden if login is needed. After logging in, the content is set to visible and the form is ready to fill in.

Why would this work when the files are on my local drive but not when they are on the school server? I wouldn’t even know where to begin looking for a solution. This is the first time this has happened to me.

When you code, how to you check this while writing your code if everything looks and works correctly on your computer?

My code is long and a few pages; so, I do not know which to put in a codepen for people to check.

Any help would be appreciated.

cyclingg
    Participant
    cyclingg
    Participant

I installed Xampp and tested my pages on its local webserver. Everything loaded. It is only when my files are on the school server that some pages do not display. Weird.

Oh well, at least it works now.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.