Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Why is there a asterisks on the logo of CSS-Tricks?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    sntshkmr60

It would look great without asterisks, is there any specific need of it?

Anonymous
    Inactive

It’s a easter egg of sorts, check the footer!

“*This website may or may not contain any CSS or Tricks.”

Taufik Nurrohman
    Participant

I’m sure it means “everything” or to give the impression of “importance”.

sntshkmr60

I see, there is “This website may or may not contain any CSS or Tricks.“. But why is Chris Coyier even doing it? Why didn’t he escaped making an asterisks and footer note? This is what my question, what is the importance?

Paulie_D

Dude…it’s a joke. Sheesh!

dfogge
    Participant

its this thing called “having fun”. chris should do a video tutorial on it sometime…

Senff
    Participant

No, I agree*. How dare he have fun! This is serious business, there is no room for frivolities here!! There is no importance regarding the asterisk, and it should be removed.

The same goes for numbers in usernames. And Justin Bieber/One Direction haircuts. I mean, SERIOUSLY??!???!

* This post may or may not contain any valid points.

TheDoc

chrisburton
    Participant

If you ever leave the forums and visit one of the other top links, you will see a footer. #ijustblewyourmind

clicknathan

No, it’s structurally important. Without it, the logo wouldn’t follow the three basic principles of design: color, shape, and adding that one extra thing that makes clients’ say “wow, this guy really knows how to use the shift key to produce results!”

Taufik Nurrohman
    Participant

That’s not asterisk. That’s a snow. SNOOOWWWWWW!!!!

jamygolden

The asterix has been been part of the logo since the beginning. I don’t think chris will/should ever get rid of it.

tyfairclough

The * is the ‘all’ selector in CSS. Coincidence or a play on covering all things css on his website?

TheDoc

Funny, I didn’t think of it being a selector, that’s a half-decent theory!

JustinBeaird

I think it means this may or may not be css-tricks/layout and will change or be tweaked. after all Chris is always changing layout or evolving it

wiki
    In computer science, the asterisk is used in regular expressions to denote zero or more repetitions of a pattern

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.