Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS White space between div's

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    dennisrace22
    Participant

Building my first website. First time posting a thread. So, please bare with me as I look for guidance. I am using bootstraps mobile first approach. I am having two issues. First, the white space between the two section classes. (Cover page and About me page) Second, my social icons on the bottom of the opening page are slightly off centered and I can’t figure out why. Here’s a link to CodePen where my work is.

http://codepen.io/dennisrace22/pen/JNKwme

Let me know if there is any other information that you need in order to help me.
    I will listen to all advice given. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Atelierbram
    Participant

The social-media icons are wrapped in an unordered list, but haven’t been reset in the demo, so it picks up the default browser styles with some left padding.
    Something like this may fix this:

.social {
      text-align: center;
      margin-left: 0; 
      padding-left: 0;
      list-style: none;
    }

The space between the two sections is occupied by text in this #copyright paragraph, but the text is invisible because it’s color is white (inherited from body) and it sits on a white background. There’s also a bottom-margin on all paragraphs, so there’s that …

Do you use “inspect element” in DevTools?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.