Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other What's up with this forum?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    justdan
    Participant

Ever since the “update” I can never post where I want to. Sometimes it’ll let me post and other times I’ll log in and as soon as I select the area to post in I have to sign in again and the process starts all over. Again. Anyone else have this issue or know what is going on?

chrisburton
    Participant

Submit a bug.

TheDoc

Some users have been reporting a weird logout bug.

Please report back all information about the situation: how to reproduce, what browser, what version of browser, what operating system, etc.

Alen
    Participant
    Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

@AlenAbdula Thank you for the video! I’ve been trying to get someone to do that forever. Lots of users have reported this. The temporary solution is just to refresh the page (hard refresh / shift+refresh just for good measure) and it will show you as logged in again.

I have no idea what causes it. I’ve literally hired server experts and the very people who set up the caching on this site to look into it and they can’t replicate it. I thought for sure it was page caching.

I’m starting to think it’s browser-level caching, as I’ve deactivated as much caching as I possibly can. It’s de-activated for logged in users, forums users, and the entire forums area itself.

If anyone has any ideas or more information, I’m all ears.

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

I thinkkkkk it might have been some .htaccess stuff setting expires headers on text/html which tells the browser to hang on to actual html pages. Kinda bad, trying to remove in a permanent way.

For the record though, refreshing the page (shift+refresh) tends to fix it in a pinch.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.