The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.
Home › Forums › Other › What’s a usefull replacement for the / character?
I’m using codeigniter for a new web app I’m making and I would like to pass URL’s as a variable through the URL to the script.
The way codeigniter works is:
I want to be able to do something like this
But I need to replace the /’s for obvious reasons. Any suggestions of a neutral character that isn’t used in normal URLs? Currently I encode the url in base64 then decode it in the script but that takes too long.
There’s 2 ways:
* Method 1: Change the normal slashes in the "real" url:
– Use parameters (http://domain.com/?foo=bar&this=that&ur … m/&bli=bla )
– User |-char and rewrite (.htaccess) to parameters
– Use something else (be creative)
* Method 2: Change the included URL:
making the url like this:
http://domain.com/variable/bla/http%3a% … /variable2