Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other What scripting languages do you have to learn to run a large site ?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ankit Jha
    Participant

This is a pretty general question– What scripting languages do you have to learn to run a large site?. Take dribbble for example. They’re a three man team and yet such a large website. What scripting languages do you have to know? Other than the usual HTML, CSS…. I assume some PHP & some database knowledge? I want to know specific names of scripting languages, equipment, programs that a website such as dribbble would use. What language is used to make facebook, twitter and spotify downloader

unstrucksound
    Participant

When it comes to the Web — HTML, CSS and Javascript are considered to be the standard. PHP is still around and used often. Facebook uses PHP specifically. Twitter I believe is built from Ruby and Spotify probably uses Javascript.

That said, if you’re used to PHP, you could consider working with WordPress, which is a pure PHP platform. Otherwise, your best bet would be to learn Javascript if you’re looking for a specific language to learn. That’ll have other application into areas outside of websites.

And regarding Dribbble.com — that site looks like it’s got very well structured CSS. That’s what giving it all the style and format. If nothing else, you could probably believe that they’re using Flexbox or Grid to display their webpage.

nicecss
    Participant

In my opinion for Facebook php but not such as use other projects was used.

conglyvaness
    Participant

I thinks so! And regarding Dribbble.com — that site looks like it’s got very well structured CSS. That’s what giving it all the style and format. If nothing else, you could probably believe that they’re using Flexbox or Grid to display their webpage.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.