Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other What percentage do you think I deserve per project (outsourced agency work)?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi guys,

I’m currently working with an agency outsourcing me work. They pretty much outsource all of their web work to me, I’m trying to figure out my rate per project. Most sites I build for them are on WordPress with a customised back-end so it’s very easy to update, I put a lot of detail into that. I believe my work to be of a very good quality with regards to responsive design, code, testing and design details such as spacing, alignment, typography etc.

For most of their projects, they have a graphic designer who designs the initial design in PSD format for the desktop version to help give me a design to base off. I will then take this design (trying to adhere to it), adapt it where I see fit, make it responsive and develop it onto a fully functioning WordPress website. Most of these sites will usually have a full blog/news section as well.

What sort of percentage per project (like the above) do you think I should be looking at? As I believe I’m doing the bulk of the work. I even deal with some of the client liaison.

Many thanks, Aaron

TheDoc

If the project is being outsourced to you you shouldn’t really have any contact with the client. Pretty poor form on the agency’s part, there.

You should never bid on a percentage of a project. What the client is paying the agency shouldn’t have any impact on what you get paid. It doesn’t matter if the agency has 100 other people working on the project or 1, you should be asking for the value that you think you should get.

Hours * Hourly Wage = Project Cost

It’s really as simple as that.

__
    Participant

Do you actually know what these projects are worth? Has the company or client disclosed any of that when you talk to them?

…which would also be “pretty poor form.”

You should be charging what your work is worth; they should be charging at least enough to pay you that.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.