Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS What Is Wrong With IE8?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I’ve been working on a basic HTML/CSS template that works displays great in Chrome and Firefox, but in IE8 is looks so damn horrible. Nothing is in the correct position – for the most part – and the only style that have been applied are the text and anchor colors. I’m using HTML5 and basic css 1 and 2. Nothing fancy.. I’ve added a HTML5 shiv from google code. I’m sure that’s not the prob. though.

I’ve gone ahead and just uploaded the files to alive server so that it would be easier to view.
    http://www.jutebagsdirect.com/mindfulness/

Paulie_D

I have to say that it looks a liitle odd in Chrome on my widescreen monitor.

I’m assuming that it’s not a responsive site.

I have to say that I dont think you have linked in the shiv properly…at least it doesn’t look like it.

Should be

You know what, I pasted in the wrong snippet. Thanks, Paulie! I have another problem now. I changed the shiv over the correct one, and now nothing is displaying in IE8 at all. not Markup or CSS. Just a blank white screen with the Browser title.

The site is not responsive, yet, and that is something I going to work on next, as I am still learning.

O.k, I got it to work. Sweet.. Thank you. It’s always the small stuff that is right in front of your face, that makes you want to pull your hair out. lol

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.