Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other What do you use to design website layouts ?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    ecco
    Participant

Hey everyone,

Yes, you are right, that question is redundant but I need your advice. Last semester, I took some class about “web publishing” and basically web design and they insisted on using InDesign to create layouts… InDesign is pretty good for print but web design ? It’s unhandy and you can barely do any effect ! The only thing that is interesting in InDesign is the “step and repeat” to build the grid lol

__
    Participant

pencil & paper, then straight to the browser.

Alen
    Participant

Is there any way to detach dev tool window and put it on my second monitor?

Yes.

Same as @traq + http://livestyle.emmet.io/

ecco
    Participant

That’s what I was thinking and it’s much faster to prototype ! Thank you :)

avisaac
    Participant

Chris did a really nice presentation about it
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLzaciMrmWU
    You don’t have to watch the whole thing but at the first few minutes he says that he rather start designing in Photoshop and then jump into the browser.
    I am also liking this better, maybe because i’m a web designer first…
    I don’t really get how you can get a complex web design in sketch so I guess it’s kind of a personal thing to each developer…

Dustin
    Participant
    cwork
    Participant

Sketch is great.

I would recommend Fireworks, but Adobe killed it. Still a great program, and will live along time, just without any updates.

Something new is coming, might be worth it to watch Code named: Underdog, and I know they working really hard on it to replace Fireworks.

Dustin
    Participant

That’s interesting I wasn’t aware of that project. Is their website stating the launch is in 12 hours?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.