The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS What do you call this…?

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • #44495

    I know what I’d like to do, just no idea what it’s called so I can search for a tutorial.

    I’m looking for a tutorial on creating next/previous links in a portfolio that are aligned to the outer edges of the user’s browser window. They usually move with your scroll through some jQuery trickery.

    [They look like this]( “”) (beautiful mockup, I know.)

    Anybody know what this is called and/or have a link to a tutorial?


    @siouxfan45 – mcJohnst is right there are tons of the jquery plugins available all you need to do is pick one and wire it up to your layout.

    After reading your post once more I can’t help but wonder if your actually asking how to make the buttons stick to the left and right sides of the screen/page. Thats done via “position: fixed” an example using your mock up can be found here [](”)

    It’s not pixel perfect but you’ll get the idea.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.