Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other What company builds the most sites?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    siouxfan45
    Participant

I’m curious (perhaps I’m typing the incorrect search on Google) who the top players are in the premium design/hosting game. I’d assume SquareSpace, Wix, and FindLaw have to be up there. Does anybody have a link to a list? I’d find it very interesting to see who the top players are and just how many awful designs they’ve made. (-SquareSpace, gotta give it up to SquareSpace)

chrisburton
    Participant

I would guess that WordPress’ hosted solution would be the top.

I’m not sure how trusted this information is but here you go

We know of 528,666 live websites using Wix in our records. http://trends.builtwith.com/cms/Wix

We know of 147,993 live websites using Squarespace http://trends.builtwith.com/cms/Squarespace

__
    Participant

You can’t even classify Squarespace or Wix in the “premium design/hosting” game. These providers are the bargain section, doing as many as they possible can and making up their revenue in sheer volume.

+1. I was trying to figure out how to phrase that.

nixnerd
    Participant

Yeah… I’d say “premium” design is done by creative agencies… the best of which are going to be in major metropolitan areas.

Martin_Muzatko
    Participant

hmm, distinction between business that are creating handcrafted websites, and what kind of website it is.
    I am sure only a certain amount of percentage of paid wordpress users have managed to customize their page.
    I’d be interested in professional individuals that create websites.

Offering a one time built, many times sold product doesn’t count :P like WP.
    Someone who actually does WP designs would count IMHO.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.