Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Weird menu and missing background

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Kralle
    Participant

Hello!

I have made this website for my father, and I tested it in Chrome, Safari and Firefox, but since I’m on a Mac, I don’t have access to Internet Explorer. I then run the website through IE NetRenderer and found out, that the background in the sidebar is missing in all versions, and it seems like the menu is completely screwed in IE6 and IE7.

Does anyone have a solution to these problems? :-) I honestly don’t know what’s wrong, and I’m having a hard time testing, since I only own a Mac.

Thanks in advance,
    Kralle

Ive looked at it in IE9 and its fine. Dont have any older versions. Hope this helps.

clokey2k
    Participant

I can see the issues in IE7, a few of the ‘div’s are collapsing – something that I am not sure how to fix. It is probably related to floated items.

Your navigation menu is appearing at the top of the header in IE also.

Sorry I’m of no more help.

Kralle
    Participant

@michaeloneill. Thanks, I was expecting it to work in IE9, hehe.

@clokey2. Yes exactly, and it annoys me. Is it the #topinfo div that interacts with the menu?

Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

Thanks in advance,
    Kralle

clokey2k
    Participant

I think it’s due to where you are clearing the floats. You have several floats in the ‘#header’, but you clear it after the ‘#header’ has been closed – maybe IE is able to collapse it. The same with ‘#content’.

Try moving your clearing ‘div’ inside the ‘#header’ and ‘#content’ blocks. I can then check again in IE…

Kralle
    Participant

I apologize for not responding, clokey2k. I made the decision to make an image of #topinfo, set it to absolute positioning inside a relative positioned wrapper. This made it look fine. :-)

Thanks for your help though!

I’m about to make the front page more fancy in terms of adding a few images and a couple of columns. It looks like people are scared off with so much text.

Best regards,
    Kralle

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.