Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Design Website Critique

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Scott
    Participant

Hey guys I am creating a WordPress blog theme that is currently a html template. Please send me some input on the design, layout, functionality and recommendations for pricing.
    (Still working on responsive so don’t point out the obvious)

The site can be found @ http://marshall-design.com/sites/Creative/index.html

Thanks!

Atelierbram
    Participant

Looks minimal and restrained, which may just be what someone needs for blogging. Do like the fading effect on clicks, think that adds to a more relaxed experience.
    I also do think there is room for improvement on the typography. Lato font is nice, but there are many words on a line, maybe too much for comfortable reading. Also I do see a tendency for symmetry: almost everything aligned center. Breaking this up with some left – or right aligned elements can give the layout more tension, which may be a good thing, for now it looks a bit uneventful.

ChecMark
    Participant

I agree about the fonts, especially on your titles. I would suggest finding one font you like and using it for all the words in the titles. Too hard to read right now. Love the open, simple design on the rest of the site. Very clean and crisp. You might want to add a little more color in if you can. It’s a little bland right now.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.