Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Webkit scrollbar position within a div…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    euan_mc

I’ve just started to use Webkit for the first time today. I’m setting custom scrollbars for a site and currently have it working fine. I know to position the scrollbar from the right edge of the window you adjust the ‘right:’ property. However I have a scrollable div on one of the pages and the custom scrollbar stays fixed to the divs right edge. Is there a way to adjust it so it comes in form the edge slightly – in the same way it does for the main window?

Paulie_D

Sorry, custom scrollbars, ugh…why? IMO nobody cares and, even worse, users get confused when they lose their standard scrollbars.

As for divs with scrollbars in the middle of a page, ugh x2!

Now I’ll go away and see if I can find a solution.

Do you have a link so we can see what we’re talking about?

euan_mc

Haha… think in some cases it may just come down to personal preference with custom toolbars but perhaps when you visit the link below you may see why i’d like it made custom.

http://www.comxcomics.com/

if you click the ‘about’ link the scrollable div appears. This doesn’t have the scrollbar customised (as the customised version it being worked on offline) but as it stands it is quite garish within the design of the site which is why i want to customise it. However you can still see the issue of the scrollbar being flush on the right edge whereas i would want it about 10px off from the divs right edge so its almost like a slight border.

bryanjhickey

I’m seeking a way to control the pill position also.

I have a horizontal scrolling div that contains calendar data and want the current day to be centred within the viewable area.

The search continues…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.