Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End Wanting dynamic menus of categories and posts within

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    MesmerLab

http://dev.ygipublishing.com/2010/tmarine/case-studies/

So I’m using the blog feature as a case study repository.
    Write up a case study with the client name as the post name. Select the proper category. Done.

Right now there are only two categories: Application and Consulting. That submenu is populating fine.
    Click on ‘Application’ and the right submenu appears with currently only 1 case study in it. The ‘Consulting’ section has 3.
    Currently, I have a page template for Application and Consulting where it populates the posts by catID.

Code:
    [b][/b]

I know that isn’t forward-compatible, but the client says they’re pretty sure of only two categories right now.

There is a problem is on the single.php file where I’m trying to populate a menu with the posts within the category again. I’m just not sure how to do it dynamically. The following is what I’ve come up with after about 3 hours looking through the codex and various google searches. Problem is it pulls all 4 case studies instead of only the ones of the current category.

Code:
    cat_ID’)[/b][/color]; ?>

And another issue is this ‘query_posts’ seems to be interfering with the actual listing of the content. It always pulls the first case study, Schnabel.
    http://dev.ygipublishing.com/2010/tmari … ed-design/
    Click on the 4 choices on the right submenu and you’ll see the same content below.

So basically I need to figure out how to create a menu of posts within a category based on the category of the current post. Sounds simple enough. But 3 hours later and I’m typing on a forum at 3am. :D

Any help is appreciated.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.