Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Visitor Statistics

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hey guys,

Are the blog statistics plugins viable for really giving customers an indepth view if their site is built primarily using pages as a CMS? A client is asking if it’s viable to add to their site and use it as gospel, but in the past I’ve always had them use their hosting provider’s statistics.

TheDoc

No love for Google Analytics?

EamonnMac

I’ve found HUGE discrepencies in the statistic plugins (we’re talking to the power of ten here), and hardly even glance their way anymore. The hosting provider’s stats aren’t bad, but, as TheDoc alluded, Google Analytics are easy to use, very accurate, and are an accepted standard. There’s hardly any stat you could possibly want or find useful that Analytics does not provide.

That’s good to know about the plugin. Previously I had told people to use whatever their host used, but I went into my most recently finished project and had the client get setup with analytics. Good call there gentlemen. I suppose I probably should have thought of using the big G’s a while back :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.