Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS VERTICAL NAV BAR

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    pondragon
    Participant

Hi! I’m new here! And I don’t really know what I’m doing, so please bear with me. Complete beginner. CSS ain’t my thing. I’m a bit lost.

So, I have to make this kind of “”portfolio”” mockup for class, and I had my images and everything was coming along (more or less), but now I’m trying to put a vertical navegation bar on the left and, I don’t know why, it’s not working. At all. I’ve tried plenty of things. I don’t get it. There’s clearly something wrong. Right now, the nav bar is behind the images and for some reason, whenever I try to reduce its width, it won’t work.

It…… looks like this: https://codepen.io/pondragon/pen/EJpBpB . what’s wrong w it!!! its driving me insane.

Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!

Paulie_D

To get it on top you need to give it a z-index of 1.

Then sugegst you rethink the positioning of the links…it’s messing everything up.

https://codepen.io/Paulie-D/pen/XQPgxG

pondragon
    Participant

Hi! Thanks a lot for your help!
    I actually worked on it last night and it’s looking better. the code is super messy and not the perfect/easiest way to do this (i know) but i’m sticking to it since i don’t really have much time to finish this. I gotta work on the responsive side of it (because it’s a mess whenever you reduce the width of your navegator lmao) but!! idk how to reduce the gap between the images (leaving the margins left/right as they are, just the center gap. I hope I’m making sense?).

any help on that?

I also want to put a logo on top of the nav bar, but I’ll figure it out :).

pondragon
    Participant

(I sent the project already, thanks a lot for your help, really!!!)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.