Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End Vanilla custom theme question

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    slushy

I’m using WordPress as a CMS utilizing a custom theme (designed by following Chris’s instruction on Lynda.com, thank you) and would like to integrate Vanilla into my site.

Elsewhere in these forums, Chris mentioned that he wrapped his Vanilla forum with his site header and footer to achieve a consistent design. Could someone provide some general pointers on how to do this? For example, where must Vanilla be installed to accomplish this?

In the meantime, I’ve created a theme within Vanilla (modifying default.master.tpl and custom.css) that more or less looks like my WordPress site theme. It works, but it would be nice if instead I could implement the site header/footer wrapping described by Chris.

Thanks

t.sjogren

@slushy i have the same thoughts. I have dived into the world of Vanilla and almost everything i wanted to achieve with the forum is now fixed. Great!
    Now i use embed vanilla but there is some issues with it so i would really like to implement the WordPress header and footer instead. Have you managed to fix it?

@chriscoyier
    Is your implementation done by creating a Vanilla theme like your WP theme or is the WP header implemented dynamicly? Is it possible for you to share some code examples?

Mcneri

Now a plugin shows up on WordPress that claims Vanilla forum integration with WordPress. Anyone tried it yet?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.