Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS URGENT: Keep a Background from reloading on page refresh

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    AlexLeiphart
    Participant

Hi,

This is URGENT! I need help immediately. How do you keep a background from reloading on page refresh. I have the same background for everything, so I want it to stay there on page refresh. How do you do that. The site is http://alexanderbuildingco.com/draft/A. Thank you SO much! :D

noahgelman
    Participant

Link is broke. But no, there’s no way of having an image not reload on a page reload.

TheDoc

You can use htaccess to force better caching I think.

Eventually the browser will just automatically cache the image.

You could use AJAX to make the whole page not reload and just load in different content.

What else could you do…

Optimize the file size so it’s smaller and will show less "loading time".

noahgelman
    Participant

Wait, do you mean reload as in when you click a link to a different part of your site? Because yes, AJAX could help. Or do you mean when someone refreshes the page? Because that’s what I thought in the beginning.

AlexLeiphart
    Participant
    "noahgelman" wrote:
    Wait, do you mean reload as in when you click a link to a different part of your site? Because yes, AJAX could help. Or do you mean when someone refreshes the page? Because that’s what I thought in the beginning.

Yes. How do you AJAX an iWeb site?

noahgelman
    Participant

Do you have access to your source code and CSS on an iWeb site?

If so, Chris did a tutorial on how to AJAX a wordpress site. A normal website wouldn’t be any different.

https://css-tricks.com/video-screencasts … ess-theme/

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.