Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Truly Need Some Suggestions on Menu Errors

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    loftninja

Ok so I have built this intro page for a network on ning and the menu now has a few visible errors as well as a validation problem. When hovering on the menu, it will only show hover state for a second and when it does the logo and several page elements show on top of the menu. Might anyone have a few suggestions for how I might be able to combat this css problem. Also wondering if it might also be a conflicting javascript problem. Any advice will be much appreciated.

NOTE:The long urls within the page code are there because its what I had to work with related to the platform’s file manager so i know the code looks ugly, but previously it at least got the job done. This is a personal side project so I am open to anything you might suggest (aside from just trashing the page hopefully)

ozee

From a quick glance, a div looks to be overlapping the menu div. For example when you are in a hover state, the text from the logo shows up. The best counter-measure for this is a z-index. I have not checked your source code, but it requires a position of relative or absolute on the class or ID’s that you apply the attribute to. This will allow you to position elements on the z plane as well as x and y. A lot like layers in photoshop.

.example {
    position: relative;
    z-index: 99999;
    }

It would look something like that.

loftninja

@ozee Thanks buddy…this worked for the menu hover problem….now I guess validation issues are next.

ozee

Not a problem, however, like virtual said, there is a lot more that needs to be done, on to validation it is lol

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.