Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Too Broad A Field?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Ferron
    Participant

I’ve been reading a lot about having a specific design niche. I’m comfortable designing for forums, specifically MyBB but, since that forum software isn’t that popular, I was thinking of expanding my niche to include the most popular free forum scripts (MyBB, phpBB, and SMF). Would this be too broad of a field or would I be okay designing for all three?

rzea

Your niche is not the software you use, is the market you want to reach, seems like in your case is: online communities.

So, to reach more clients that want to create, expand, grow, etc., their communities, you should be proficient in as many community technologies as you can, again, in your case, MyBB, phpBB, and SMF. But…

I would then say that knowing about VBulletin, Invision Power Board, Snitz, Web Wiz Forums, IkonBoard, etc. should be part of your proficiencies as well.

I recommend you become an expert in as many community software applications as you can so you can serve the online communities niche much, much better.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.