Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other This Site Rocks! (As If You Didn’t Know!)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    dougshields

I just want to say this:

I’ve been a wannabee web designer for years. I’ve plodded and pushed my way through PhotoShop, Dreamweaver and other programs. Mostly I’ve been self taught.

I recently took an HTML video course and they did some small css exposure for the students. However it was nothing like this.

I’ve been frustrated by my lack of knowledge regarding css primarily because I’ve been working on a site build using the ever popular WordPress platform. Once I realized how much work I was going to have to do in css for custom templates, I knew I had to have some help. I stumbled upon your site using Google and I’m so glad that I did!

I just watched your first video segment on designing a website from a Photoshop mock-up.

Impressive is not the word. More like “earth-shaking” when I saw how fast and easy you used css styles to make html mirror the mock-up. What would have taken me days to accomplish using the old way of putting sites together you did in a matter of an hour or less.

You really turned the lights on for me man. I can’t thank you enough!

BRAVO!

You rock! This site rocks! I am SOLD on your vidcast. I can’t wait to see the rest of your videos and if you think I’m going to hang on your every word…YOU’RE RIGHT!

PS: I’m not a stalker. Just a wannabee geek who thinks you rock!

Doug Shields

Brightonmike

You might need to clean your tongue after that mate!

TheDoc

haha I’m sure @chriscoyier would appreciate the post!

chrisburton
    Participant

Ahaha “PS: I’m not a stalker”

furrball1383

I remember feeling the way he does now, I couldn’t believe CSS could be that awesome and that Chris made it seem so simple to learn. I think that was about a year and a half ago, maybe 2 years. Everything I’ve learned since then has been because of his videos and ofcourse you guys on the forums!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.