Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Thin grey border on background images on tablet / chrome

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ambulon
    Participant

I’m testing a responsive menu design for a wedding website. When viewing on both an iPad and an Android tablet, the background images on li’s have a thin grey border around them.

http://candiceplusjason.com/splash-mobilenav320480.html

I have found all kinds of solutions for this problem when it applies to an img in a div,etc – but not much that is really helpful when one is dealing with background images.

I’m sure this must be a fairly common glitch, but I’m having a heck of a time trying to work it out.

Paulie_D

We’re talking about this image…right?

Ambulon
    Participant

Oops. Nope, didn’t mean to give that impression. That image is the background image for the “collapsed” vertical menu that appears below max-device-width: 599px. The background images that are the issue are the five unique shapes that appear in the menu for desktop and most tablets:

Here’s one of them:

Paulie_D

Right…it wasn’t immediately obvious on my Nexus 9 but on scaling I can see it on occasion.

My initial thought is that it’s due to sub-pixels as the image scales and that there might be a slight difference in the rendering of the image dark color and the background color. background-color: #858484;

Ambulon
    Participant

Interesting thought. As a test, I changed the background color to the same as the page background and the problem remains. Still a thin grey border.

It seems to only be persisting in portrait mode on both the iPad and Asus tablet I am testing on. And when you zoom in slightly, the border disappears.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.