Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other The meaning of domain registrar?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    emma
    Participant

Hello all

I have a question regarding domain registrar rights. I registered my domain name through BlueHost about a year ago without much thought about what rights etc that were included with the purchase, I simply assumed that I would get complete control and ownership once I had bought it.
    Now what got me a bit confused and made me questions this is when I transferred the domain to my new MediaTemple servers. When I login to BlueHost it states that Tucows.com, Inc. is the registrar of this domain name. What does this mean more in detail? I mean what legal rights have they got to the domain name and is this something I should look into?

I am guessing that this is nothing to worry about but I just want to make sure that this is all cool…

Thanks

Matt

Kinda depends, but the ICANN basically states that Verisign has complete control over all .com domain names. If Verisign decides you are unworthy of a domain name, they can revoke it. And, of course, not using the correct information when registering a domain name is international fraud.

Bleh

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.