Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Design The hamburger menu, design UI and other opinions.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    simpletwist
    Participant

I really like the look of this screenshot on Dribbbble and I like to employ a similar navigation for both desktop and mobile devices.dribble

1. Are there any recommended tutorials for hamburger menus that work both for desktop and mobile devices?

2. If I’m looking for similar UI set – large (X) to close out a pop up box – is this a current trend or custom – where should I go for similar look?

3. In the same project I really like the glassy/blurred out backgrounds that they are using for the mockup. My application is different but the look and feel would apply to my project. Is there a certain search term that I could use for that background style and superthin icon UI? Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

simpletwist
    Participant

Thank you for the thorough reply. Regarding the navigation-icon, I found this article but it appears to be kind of bloated in regards to the amount of code needed.

Any particular JS scripts that work well or that you could point me towards?

The third question was answered perfectly. It’s exactly what I was looking for.

simpletwist
    Participant

http://codepen.io/anon/pen/Lxecv

Just searching for the js now. Thoughts?

simpletwist
    Participant

Awesome!That’s exactly what I was looking for. I’m trying to stay away from the bootstrap extra CSS – so this can be a perfect solution. Thank you for your link.

simpletwist
    Participant

I’m still here, try to figure out the best way to create the look and feel I’d like without bootstrapping. However, it would speed up the workflow and the new version does look really impressive. In terms of word press integrations – is ROOTS theme pretty much the go to starter theme. Looking to use SAS S instead of L ESS.

Thank you for your help so far, mockup is looking good. I was looking for a JavaScript function that wouldn’t have any dependencies for the mockup that I’m working on. I’m utilizing this open-source code called roots.CX , great for prototyping – also some really cool CSS features and the library.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.