Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS ‘text-shadow’ in Chrome

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    AshKendall
    Participant

Hi guys,

I made a quick ‘Coming Soon’ page for my site last night but noticed earlier today that the text-shadow property doesn’t seem to have taken in Google Chrome. It works fine in Firefox 3.5 and Safari 4.

If I look at the page in Chrome’s ‘Javascript console’, the CSS shows as follows:

Code:
    text-shadow: rgb(0, 0, 0) 1px 1px 4px;

When the actual line in my CSS is:

Code:
    text-shadow: 1px 1px 4px #000;

Needless to say, I’m a bit confused! Has anyone come across this before or am I just missing something obvious?! The page is at the following address: http://relevantdevelopment.co.uk/

I also noticed a strange character just before the ‘Sheffield-based…’ bit of text?

Thanks…

TheDoc

First, I’d like to say that I absolutely love the colors that you’re using. I know it’s just a temp page, but it looks great for what it is! haha

Now, you’re problem…

It displaying the color in rgb in Chrome is perfectly normal, that’s just how Chrome sees color. rgb(0,0,0) is the same as #000000.

It may seem very small, but you haven’t closed your second <p> tag. I doubt that’s causing it, but you never know.

I looked through the CSS, and it really should work.

AshKendall
    Participant

Thanks. I spent ages trying to come up with something I liked with no luck, then last night I did the first thing that came to me and I really liked it! I’ve got no idea how I missed that <p> tag either!

I’ve found out what is causing the problem, unfortunately, I don’t know if there’s a way around it.

I removed the @font-face info from the CSS file and it reverted to Verdana with text-shadows, so I’m guessing this is due to Chrome’s limited support for it at the minute.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.