Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS table elements not inline

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    kathleeeeen

Hello everyone,

I might be missing something very simple, but I cannot seem to have my table elements appear on the same line…
    -site url removed by author-

Here is the jsfiddle that I am using to test the HTML and it appears to be working correctly here. Can anyone see what I am missing on my test page above?
    http://jsfiddle.net/8qX3p/

Many thanks!

kathleeeeen

Sorry, here is the page I am having the problem with:
    -site url removed by author-

JPC776
    Participant

I would probably do away with the “align=left” in the HTML for your links, add a class to that DIV instead and float:left and see if that helps

kathleeeeen

Thanks for the response, when I added “float: left” it moved the text to the top of the video rather than in the same line. I removed the left align tag in the HTML and it’s still not working correctly. Any other suggestions out there? Thank you much

JPC776
    Participant

I would not use the table and just use DIVs. Is there a specific reason for using a table?

kathleeeeen

I always thought the best method to evenly distribute multiple elements on the same line was to use tables. Unless there is a better way to creating columns of varying widths?

kathleeeeen

Thanks for the suggestion – I understand what you’re saying now and it worked!

JPC776
    Participant

Here is an example I threw together:

http://jsfiddle.net/NXKuz/

kathleeeeen

This is perfect. Thank you so much for all your guidance!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.