Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS SUckerfish javascript menu not working in IE

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    antonv
    Participant

Hi all,

I am designing my first css layout and I have a small suckerfish menu that I created based on the tutorial on alistapart.com.
    All works fine in firefox and chrome but IE is moving my menus in a weird position and I have no idea what should I do to fix it!

Here is the url: http://socalscubainfo.com

Any ideas are greatly appreciated!

Anton

AshtonSanders
    Participant

I’m not familiar with that kind of menu system. I almost said to move it to the Javascript forum, but it looks like it might use CSS for positioning… (Anyone know?)

I would first validate the HTML on the page:
    (and validate the CSS if you feel like it: )

I also saw in your CSS:

Code:
    #main-nav li > ul {

I would change that to:

Code:
    #main-nav li ul {

Sometimes the child selector is quirky.
    Let me konw

antonv
    Participant

You were right, the child selector was the one that was throwing everything off… Now all works fine. Thanks!

Anton

antonv
    Participant

Another issue that I have is that in IE the list elements for the menu are not clearing each other like in FF. Take a look at the "Charts" menu in FF and all the elements are nicely stacked one in top of the other while in IE if they have enough room they’ll add themselves to the previous line… Any ideas what should I do about that?

Here is the link: http://socalscubainfo.com

Thanks,
    Anton

antonv
    Participant

Got it working by adding a width to the li elements but what do you guys think is that the best way?

Thanks,
    Anton

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.