Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Sub domain not working

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    amidigital
    Participant

This subdomain takes like 30 seconds to load.
    1. Checked for malware, none found
    2. Checked with GoDaddy – they said we needed to fix it, not their problem

Any other ideas?

healthieryou.proactionwellness.com

chrisburton
    Participant

DNS?

__
    Participant

ditch godaddy?

Without knowing what is going on, I couldn’t even guess. How did you set up the subdomain? any mod_rewrite stuff? curl requests? slow DB connections? runaway php scripts? Have you checked your error logs?

chrisburton
    Participant

The page is too slow to be a CSS or HTML issue. And pinging it will only tell you the speed, which we already know it’s slow. I think @traq is right. It’s hard without knowing more details.

chrisburton
    Participant

Right. If you look at all that and convert it to KB or MB, it’s not that significant. If you load up the site with developer tools, the network tab shows that it doesn’t seem to be a frontend issue.

chrisburton
    Participant

Of course I could be wrong.

amidigital
    Participant

Chrome dev tools is giving me these errors:

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error)
    GET

http://healthieryou.proactionwellness.com/images/headerPattern.gif 500 (Internal Server Error)

I’ll replace that image when I get home. Maybe it it bad.

Alen
    Participant

Maybe the path to the image is wrong in your css.

That would give him 404 error. Not 500. This has something to do with WordPress and Sub-Domain configuration.

Harris Christiansen
    Participant

The DNS is resolving quickly and the site is rendering quickly. The issue is in waiting for the server to compile the response. Either something is miss configured with WordPress or the server hosting this site is experiencing sever delays with execution time, fetching data from mysql, or who knows what.
    From my personal experience, I have never been fond of GoDaddy. I know Chris is a large support of MediaTemple, as am I (On a side note, they just got acquired by GoDaddy, but they are remaining as separate servers and products).
    Possibly consider changing hosts if you want to boost overall performance on your site.

__
    Participant

GET http://healthieryou.proactionwellness.com/images/headerPattern.gif

500 (Internal Server Error)

The fact that a request for a gif image is returning a server error indicates “weird” problems. Have you made any changes to your server config (perhaps an AddHandler directive in an .htaccess file)?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.