Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS [Solved] styling for links not appearing as defined

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Sivapriya
    Participant

Okay, I’m a total noob to css. I know I need to bite the bullet and learn it fully, but it’s hard to find the time. I know just enough to usually make things work for me, but not this time….

For some reason, links on this new site are not displaying in the colors that I have defined in the css. I have looked over the code again and again and am apparently missing something.

Instead of appearing as pink for active and orange for visited, they are blue and grey.

The page is:
    http://menopauseisatrip.com/thank-you

I’m hoping one of you wise CSS masters might be able to help point me in the right direction to solve this dilemma.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Shikkediel
    Participant

I think the colors get overridden. You can try to place the rules you defined after that – or adapt the other CSS (one is at line 857).

Sivapriya
    Participant

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, it’s almost like Greek to me.

I may just have to leave it blue for the time being (since I can’t figure it out), but it makes it difficult to read.

Just more motivation for me to learn CSS.

Thanks for your help!

Sivapriya
    Participant

OMGosh! I finally figured it out!

Thank you both, for assisting me!

I found what was overriding it. What a relief and what a great sense of accomplishment. It is through these types of experience I get to learn.

I truly appreciate you both. You rock!

God bless!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.