Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Stop text wrapping under floated image – using ul?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    gulliver
    Participant

In code in which everything is responsive and I can’t set fixed-widths, I have a left-floated image which I don’t want text to wrap under, for which I’m currently using a p tag with ‘overflow: hidden’ to prevent the wrap.

Needing the appearance of a list within the text, I’m currently using br tags with a span to add a bullet.

The code is longer than I’d like, so I’m wondering if there’s any way I can use a proper ul and not have it wrap under the image.

Paulie_D

If you could make a brief minimal demo in codepen.io it would be helpful…but break tags are probably not the way….or floats.

gulliver
    Participant

I don’t really want to mess around with demos, and I’m not sure there’s a need.

Example: if I asked ‘How do I stop text wrapping under a floated image?’, somebody would suggest ‘use overflow:hidden’.

It’s unlikely I’m the only person with the described requirement, so I’m hoping someone who’s been there before will answer rather than anyone sit down and try to code a solution.

Paulie_D

Well that’s up to you.

Simplest option is “don’t use a float”…things are supposed to wrap around floated items.

…but we can’t diagnose your HTML/CSS if you can’t be bothered to supply it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.